Discover the DESY Summer Student Program in Germany for 2024. Find out if you’re eligible, learn about the financial benefits, research projects, application requirements, and when you’ll be notified of your application status.
If you have a bachelor’s degree or will be getting one soon and you really like doing research, there’s a cool program called the DESY Summer Student Program in Germany in 2024.
It lasts for 8 weeks and lets you explore different things at DESY in Germany.
The program runs from July 16 to September 5, 2024. If you’re chosen, you’ll do research at DESY labs in either Hamburg or Zeuthen (near Berlin).
People from all over the world can join, but you’ll need to spend about 39 hours a week working on your research.
Eligibility Criteria Explained
To be eligible for the DESY Summer Student Program in 2024, you need to meet certain academic requirements:
University Study: By the summer of 2024, you should have completed a minimum of three years of full-time university education. This means you must have been actively studying at a university for three years.
The program is open to two types of students:
a. Students Close to a Bachelor’s Degree: If you’re near the completion of your bachelor’s degree and anticipate receiving it by the summer of 2024, you are eligible to apply.
b. Bachelor’s Degree Holders Pursuing a Master’s: If you already possess a bachelor’s degree and are currently working toward a master’s degree, you are also eligible to apply.
However, if you already hold a master’s degree or will obtain one by the summer of 2024, you are not eligible to apply for this program.
In other words, this program is not intended for individuals who already have a master’s degree.
Financial Benefits Explained
If you are chosen to participate in the DESY Summer Student Program, you’ll receive several financial benefits to help support you during your time in Germany:
- Monthly Salary: You’ll get 1200 euros every month as a salary. This money will cover your living expenses while you’re in Germany.
- Travel Help: They’ll also help you with some of your travel costs to and from Germany. They won’t cover everything, but they’ll chip in to make it easier for you.
- Visa Support: You’ll receive an official invitation letter that you can use for your visa application. It’ll make getting a visa to enter Germany smoother.
- Affordable Housing: You can choose to stay in affordable accommodation provided by DESY during the program. This makes finding a place to live in Germany simpler.
- Research Opportunities: You’ll have a chance to work on research projects in fields like physics, chemistry, biology, and more. It’s an excellent opportunity to explore and contribute to different areas of science during the program.
The DESY Summer Student Program encompasses various fields, including:
- Photon Science
- Particle Physics and Accelerators
- Astrophysical Particle Physics
Details about Research Projects
In the DESY Summer Student Program, research projects can cover a wide range of activities.
These activities include hands-on practical work, analyzing data, developing software, working on theories, using scientific computing, and specializing in natural sciences or computation.
Types of Research Projects: The research projects are grouped into different categories based on their nature.
You might work on practical tasks related to detection devices or experimental equipment.
Alternatively, you could be involved in data analysis, software development, theoretical work, or scientific computing.
Application Documents Required: When applying for the program, you’ll need to upload a single PDF document containing the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): A document summarizing your education, work experience, and skills.
- University Certificates: This includes documents like your bachelor’s degree certificate and transcripts.
- Two Reference Letters: You’ll need to provide two letters from people who can vouch for your abilities and character.
For Non-EU Applicants, there’s an additional PDF document required, which should include:
- Copy of International Passport: A photocopy of your passport.
- Registration Certificate for the Program Duration: A document showing your registration during the program.
- “Registration Certificate Declaration” from the Central Employment Agency in Bonn: This should be signed and stamped by your university.
To apply, you should visit the official application page.
Follow the provided instructions and fill out the online application form, which you can access by clicking the button provided on the official application page.
Program Schedule: Here are some important dates for the program:
- Program Dates: The program will run from July 16 to September 5, 2024.
- Application Deadline: You need to submit your application by January 31, 2024.
Notification of Application Results: All applicants will receive notifications about the results of their applications by the end of March 2024.
APPLY Now at / https://summerstudents.desy.de/e177241/index_eng.html?preview=preview
If you’re eager to embark on a transformative journey with the DESY Summer Student Program, where curiosity meets opportunity, and knowledge knows no boundaries, go ahead and apply now.
Be a part of cutting-edge research in the heart of Germany.
for more info do follow / piggybank.ng
Register for regular updates
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about DESY Summer Student Program:
Who can apply for the program?
Students who are about to complete their bachelor’s degree or are progressing towards a master’s degree in the summer of 2024 are eligible to apply.
What financial benefits are provided?
Participants in the program receive several financial benefits, including a monthly salary, travel compensation, and accommodation at DESY, and all of these are fully funded.
How are the research projects categorized?
Research projects cover a wide range of activities, including practical work, data analysis, software development, theory, and scientific computing in various scientific fields.
What documents are needed for the application?
To apply, you must provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV), university certificates (such as your bachelor’s degree and transcripts), and two reference letters. Non-EU applicants have additional document requirements.
How and when will applicants be notified of the results?
All applicants will receive notification about the results of their applications by the end of March 2024.