Apply for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2024 and study in the UK for free. These fully funded Commonwealth Scholarship empower students from developing countries to pursue master’s degrees in various fields, fostering positive change in their communities
Are you dreaming of studying abroad for your postgraduate studies without having to worry about the cost?
Well, here’s some great news! The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for 2024 are now accepting applications. This is an amazing chance for exceptional students from developing and least developed countries to pursue their studies in the United Kingdom without having to worry about the financial burden.
What Are Commonwealth Shared Scholarships?
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are scholarships provided by the UK Government that cover all expenses.
Supporting Talented Individuals
These scholarships are meant to help talented people from countries with lower incomes and those in development.
They can use these scholarships to study full-time for a master’s degree at certain UK universities.
No Hidden Costs
One great thing about these scholarships is that you don’t have to pay anything to apply for them. There are no secret fees or charges.
Who Can Apply?
Before you apply, check if your home country is eligible for these scholarships.
They cover various topics like science, health, and global peace, with the goal of giving students the skills they need to help their home countries develop sustainably.
Empowering Future Leaders
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) oversees these scholarships with funding from the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office.
They want to empower young people who can make a positive impact in their communities.
By studying in the UK, you’ll join a lively learning community and meet fellow students and alumni.
Duration and Choices
These scholarships for the 2024-25 academic year cover one year of master’s degree study.
You can apply for several different master’s programs at different UK universities, but if you’re chosen, you can only accept one scholarship.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
To apply for these amazing scholarships that can change your life, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website.
- Follow Instructions: Once you’re on the website, carefully follow the instructions they provide.
- Check Eligible Universities: Make sure to see which UK universities are eligible for these scholarships and which subjects they cover.
Promoting Fairness and Inclusion
These scholarships are like a bright light for students who may not have many opportunities. They are all about being fair, including everyone, and making education accessible to all.
Don’t Miss Your Chance!
If you’re a student from a country like Pakistan and meet the criteria, don’t miss out on applying for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships. This could be the start of an exciting journey toward a better future, and you can make a positive impact on a global scale.
For more details about the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for 2024-25 in the UK, read the article below. Your dream of studying abroad for free might be closer than you think!
Themes Under Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for International Students:
- Science and Technology: This theme is focused on students who wish to pursue master’s degrees in fields related to science and technology. It includes disciplines such as engineering, computer science, natural sciences, and information technology.
- Promoting Global Prosperity: Scholarships under this theme are designed for students interested in areas that contribute to global development and prosperity. This may include fields like economics, international development, business, and finance.
- Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crisis: This theme is dedicated to students who want to study subjects related to crisis management, disaster response, and resilience building. It covers areas like disaster management, public health preparedness, and humanitarian studies.
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security, and Governance: Students who aspire to make a difference in global peace and security can choose this theme. It encompasses fields such as international relations, conflict resolution, political science, and governance.
- Strengthening Health Systems: This theme is ideal for those interested in healthcare and public health. It includes master’s programs related to healthcare management, public health policy, epidemiology, and healthcare administration.
- Access, Inclusion, and Opportunity: Scholarships in this category are aimed at students who wish to address issues related to social inclusion, diversity, and equal opportunities. This theme covers areas like education, social work, and community development.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria can explore the various courses available under these six themes at different universities.
The scholarship program provides students with the flexibility to choose a course that aligns with their academic and career goals.
Additionally, it offers a unique opportunity to study in a Commonwealth country, fostering international collaboration and knowledge exchange.
- Aberystwyth University
- Bangor University
- Bournemouth University
- Brunel University London
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Participating Universities:
- Cranfield University
- Durham University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- King’s College London
- Liverpool Hope University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Oxford Brookes University
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Agricultural University
- Royal Holloway London
- Royal Veterinary College
- School of Advanced Study (Institute of Commonwealth Studies)
- Sheffield Hallam University
- St Mary’s University, Twickenham
- University College London
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Chester
- University of Derby
- University of Dundee
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Hull
- University of Leeds
- University of Leicester
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Reading
- University of Southampton
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Sussex (Institute of Development Studies)
- University of Warwick
- University of Wolverhampton
- University of Worcester
Deadline is December 14, 2023
Country: United Kingdom
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Here is a list of the eligible regions for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships:
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Helena
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
These regions are eligible for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships, providing students from these areas with opportunities to pursue master’s degrees in various fields.
Deadline: December 14, 2023
Before you dive into the application process for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2024, it’s crucial to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria and requirements.
Here’s a breakdown of the eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of the Commonwealth countries specified in the scholarship program, including British-protected individuals and refugees from eligible Commonwealth countries.
- Residency: Students should be permanent residents of one of the eligible countries listed in the scholarship program.
- Commencement of Studies: Applicants must plan to begin their studies in the United Kingdom in the academic year 2024, typically in September.
- Educational Qualifications: By September 2024, candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree with at least an upper second-class standard (2:1) or relevant postgraduate qualifications.
- Financial Need: Applicants must demonstrate their inability to afford the cost of studying at a university in the UK without the support of the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships.
- Employment Restrictions: During the scholarship period, recipients are not permitted to engage in employment or jobs without prior approval.
- Documentation: Ensure that you provide all the required documents in the specified format as part of your application.
Benefits of the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in 2024:
- Fully Funded Opportunity: The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students studying in the UK. It covers all expenses related to studying and living in the UK for the entire scholarship duration.
- Return Airfare: Scholars will receive support for the cost of returning airfare at the end of their scholarship award.
- Tuition Fee Coverage: Both the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) and the participating universities will cover the full tuition fees for the selected scholars.
- Monthly Living Allowance: All selected applicants will receive a monthly living allowance. Scholars outside the London metropolitan area will receive £1,347 per month, while those studying in London will receive £1,652 per month.
- Warm Clothing Allowance: In some cases where applicable, scholars may receive a warm clothing allowance.
- Thesis Grant: The university will provide a grant to assist scholars in preparing their thesis or dissertation.
- Excess Baggage Allowance: Scholars may be eligible for an excess baggage allowance.
- Study Travel Grants: Expenses related to study within the UK or overseas will be covered by the scholarship.
- Tuberculosis Test Reimbursement: If required for a visa, the cost of a Tuberculosis test will be reimbursed.
- Child Allowance: Monthly child allowance will be provided to widowed, single parent, or divorced applicants.
- Joint Funding: Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are jointly funded by the CSC and participating UK universities.
- Support for Disabled Scholars: Disabled scholars will receive a comprehensive assessment of their needs, along with additional financial support from the CSC.
- Family Allowance: The scholarship includes a family allowance to assist with the costs of maintaining a scholar’s family in the UK.
- Excellent Opportunity: The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in 2024 offer international students an outstanding opportunity to study in the UK without financial burden.
Requirements for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2024:
- Proof of Status: You need to provide proof of your refugee status or citizenship. This includes a copy of your passport or National ID (NID) with a clear picture and personal details.
- Educational Transcripts: Submit all your educational transcripts in English.
- Qualification Certificates: Include certificates for all your undergraduate and postgraduate university qualifications.
- Research Publications, Prizes, and Awards: List up to 10 research publications, prizes, and awards you’ve received.
- Employment Details: Provide information about your past employment and explain how it relates to the program you intend to undertake in the UK.
- References: You’ll need three references with their names and ranks. One of these references must be your current employer. You’ll need to submit referee details through the online system.
- Development Impact Statement: Prepare a Development Impact statement with four parts:
- First part: Explain national, local, or global development issues and connect them to your chosen CSC theme.
- Second part: Describe how you plan to apply your new skills after completing your scholarship.
- Third part: Outline the expected changes in development terms as a result of your scholarship.
- Fourth part: Discuss the impact of your work and provide some personal information.
- Additional Supporting Documents: Depending on the department or university you choose, they may require additional supporting documents.
These are the essential requirements for applying for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in 2024.
Make sure to gather and submit all the necessary documents to complete your application.
Selection Criteria for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
When applying for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships, your selection is based on specific criteria:
1. Academic Merit: Your academic performance and achievements are important factors in the selection process. This includes your previous academic qualifications and records.
2. Quality of Research Proposal: The quality and significance of your research proposal are crucial. Your proposal should showcase a clear and well-thought-out research plan.
3. Potential Impact on Home Country Development: The scholarship aims to support individuals who can positively contribute to the development of their home country. Your studies and future work’s potential impact on your home country’s development will be assessed.
Each participating UK university has its own recruitment process to evaluate applicants based on these criteria.
Once the universities have chosen candidates, the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) will verify that these individuals meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship program.
The application process for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in 2024 is as follows:
- Choose a Master’s Course: First, applicants need to select a Master’s course from the list of offered programs at one of the participating universities (you can find the list above). Ensure that you secure admission to your chosen course.
- Apply for the Scholarship: Simultaneously, while applying for the Master’s course, applicants should also apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship. To begin the application process, click the “Apply Now” button.
- Online Application Only: All required documents must be submitted through the online application system. Direct submission of documents will not be accepted.
- Application Deadline: It’s crucial to submit your application along with all the necessary documents before the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship application deadline.
- Choose a Master’s Program: You can select multiple courses at different universities if you wish. However, please note that you can only accept a scholarship offer for one specific discipline at one university.
- University Nomination: The universities will nominate candidates for the CSC Shared scholarship.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2024 Deadline: The deadline for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in 2024 is on 14 December 2023 at 16:00 GMT.
Follow these steps carefully to ensure that your application for the scholarship is complete and submitted on time.
for more info do follow / piggybank.ng
Register for regular updates
What are Commonwealth Shared Scholarships?
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are fully funded scholarships provided by the UK Government to support exceptional students from developing and least developed countries in pursuing postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom.
Who is eligible to apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships?
To be eligible, applicants must be citizens of Commonwealth countries specified in the scholarship program, be permanent residents of eligible countries, hold a bachelor’s degree with at least an upper second-class standard (2:1), and demonstrate financial need.
What is the application deadline for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2024?
The application deadline for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in 2024 is December 14, 2023, at 16:00 GMT.
What expenses do Commonwealth Shared Scholarships cover?
These scholarships cover all expenses, including tuition fees, living allowances, return airfare, thesis grants, study travel grants, and more. The specific benefits may vary depending on the scholarship recipient’s circumstances.
How do I apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships?
To apply, visit the official Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website, follow the provided instructions, choose an eligible Master’s course at a participating UK university, and complete the online application before the deadline.
Can I apply for multiple Master’s programs at different UK universities?
Yes, you can apply for multiple Master’s programs at different universities; however, if selected, you can only accept one scholarship offer for a specific discipline at one university.
What are the six themes under Commonwealth Shared Scholarships?
The six themes include Science and Technology, Promoting Global Prosperity, Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crisis, Strengthening Global Peace, Security, and Governance, Strengthening Health Systems, and Access, Inclusion, and Opportunity.
Are there any additional requirements for the application process?
Applicants should provide proof of citizenship or refugee status, educational transcripts, qualification certificates, research publications, employment details, references, and a Development Impact statement. Additional supporting documents may be required by specific universities.
How are scholarship recipients selected?
Selection criteria include academic merit, the quality of the research proposal, and the potential impact on the development of the home country. Each participating UK university conducts its own recruitment process, and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission verifies eligibility.
What is the goal of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships?
The goal is to empower talented individuals from lower-income countries to pursue higher education in the UK, fostering international collaboration and knowledge exchange while contributing to global development.
Where can I find the list of participating UK universities?
The list of participating universities for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships can be found in the provided article or on the official Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website.
How can I contact the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for inquiries?
For inquiries and further information, you can visit the official Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website or contact them through the provided contact details on their website.
Can I apply for these scholarships if I am a refugee from an eligible Commonwealth country?
Yes, refugees from eligible Commonwealth countries are eligible to apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships, provided they meet all other criteria.
Is there an age limit for applying for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships?
There is no specific age limit for these scholarships, but applicants must meet all other eligibility criteria.
What should I do if I miss the application deadline?
Missing the application deadline may result in your application not being considered. It is essential to submit your application and all required documents before the specified deadline.