The army has started online applications for the Direct Short Service Commission course.
The Nigerian Army began online applications for the Direct Short Service Commission Course 28/2024 from March 19, 2024, to March 23, 2024.
It stated, “All applications should be submitted online before March 23, 2024. Visit http://recruitment.army.mil.ng.”
It said that the Nigerian Army (NA) invites applications from eligible Nigerians for commissioning as officers in the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC).
The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. The army said, only military personnel sponsored by any service of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civilian institutions will be considered.
IMPORTANT!: The application is free and open to both civilians and serving military personnel.
About DSSC Recruitment in Nigerian Army
The Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment is for graduates who want to join the army. It happens once a year. It’s only for graduates. People with only SSCE, NCE, or National Diploma should apply for regular army recruitment. This is for non-graduates.
The Nigerian Army is a key part of Nigeria’s military. It’s one of Africa’s strongest armies. It has taken part in many peace missions. It is a source of pride for Africa. The army has a large number of men. This post will talk about the DSSC recruitment. We will cover what you need and how to apply. We will list the requirements to apply.
The army announced this in a post on X, where it also informed interested applicants that the application is free.
- For entry requirements, all applicants must meet the following conditions: They must be Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- All applicants must be between 20 and 30 years old. For medical consultants, the age can be between 25 and 40 years as of April 2024. They must be medically, mentally, and physically fit according to NA standards.
- All applicants must be recommended and verified for good character by at least two recognizable referees. The referees can be either local government chairmen/secretaries or officers of the armed forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or Assistant Police Commissioner and above. The referee must be from the applicant’s state of origin. The referee’s passport photos must be attached with the verification letter.
- Applicants must submit verification letters from their former institutions. Heights must be at least 1.68 meters (for men) and 1.65 meters (for women).
- They must not have been found guilty by any court. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and supported by their Commanding Officer/Commander.
- They must have at least a Second Class Lower Division degree or HND with at least Lower Credit from any recognized institution of learning.
- All applicants must have a valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, hospital, or local government council or valid age declaration, a valid certificate of state of origin, NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption certificate.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulatory bodies recognized by Nigerian laws at the start of cadet training.
- Only post-secondary educational certificates obtained from 2014 to date will be considered. Applicants must provide valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and next of kin.
- Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos and must submit all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- Service personnel must present a valid military identity card and recommendation letter from their commanding officers/commanders. They must also present a valid letter of sponsorship in tertiary educational institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for at least 5 years.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity, while candidates with swimming skills will have an added advantage.
How to Apply for Nigerian Army (DSSC) Recruitment 2024
If you’re interested in joining the Nigerian Army through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) for the 2024 recruitment cycle.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply:
- Visit the Official Website: Open your web browser and navigate to the Nigerian Army’s official recruitment portal at recruitment.army.mil.ng.
- Select DSSC Option: Once on the website, locate and select the option specifically designated for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) application.
- Review Requirements: Take the time to carefully review the eligibility requirements for the DSSC courses currently open for application. Ensure that you meet all the specified criteria before proceeding.
- Click “Apply Now”: After confirming your eligibility, click on the “Apply Now” button next to the DSSC course that aligns with your qualifications and interests.
- Answer Questions: You may be prompted to answer a series of questions regarding your current or past service status in the Nigerian Armed Forces. Select the appropriate response to proceed with your application.
- Sign Up/Login: If you’re a new user, you’ll need to sign up for an account by providing your email address and creating a password. Follow the instructions to verify your email and activate your account. If you already have an account, simply log in using your existing credentials.
- Fill Out the Form: Complete the online application form with accurate and up-to-date information. Be prepared to provide details such as your personal information, educational background, employment history, and any other relevant details as required. Ensure that all fields marked as mandatory are properly filled out.
- Upload Required Documents: Prepare digital copies of all the required documents listed for the DSSC application, including:
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Educational certificates and transcripts.
- Evidence of membership in any professional body (if applicable).
- Proof of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- National Identification Number (NIN) or Bank Verification Number (BVN). Upload these documents as per the instructions provided on the application portal.
- Review and Submit: Before finalizing your application, carefully review all the information you’ve provided to ensure accuracy and completeness. Once you’re satisfied that everything is correct, submit your application electronically through the portal.
- Confirmation: After submitting your application, you should receive a confirmation message indicating that your application has been successfully received. Take note of any further instructions provided regarding the recruitment process.
- Monitor Application Status: Keep track of your application status by regularly checking your email inbox and logging into your account on the recruitment portal. You may receive updates or notifications regarding the status of your application or any additional steps you need to take.
Following these steps will help you navigate the application process smoothly and increase your chances of successfully applying for the Nigerian Army’s Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) program for the 2024 recruitment cycle.
for more info do follow / piggybank.ng
Register for regular updates