Explore the comprehensive list of Nigerian Universities offering Radiography. Learn about admission requirements, course length, and employment opportunities.
Are you a young aspiring science student in Nigeria with a passion for the medical field?
Do you have dreams of studying Radiography but feel lost in the myriad of options?
We’ve got your back! Let us guide you through the opportunities, the path to becoming a Radiographer in Nigeria, and all the universities where this incredible course is offered.
The Allure of Medical Radiography
Radiography is not just a course; it’s a promising career path with various opportunities in Nigeria.
Through different Colleges of Medicine, many Nigerian universities offer this lucrative course.
Radiological Science, which takes five years to complete in Nigeria, remains a golden ticket for those interested in medical science.
Let’s unravel the journey together!
Admission Requirements to Study Radiography in Nigeria Universities
Are you starting fresh from high school? Here’s what you need:
- Physics: You’ll need this to understand the laws governing medical imaging.
- Chemistry: Essential for knowing the composition of materials used.
- Biology: The study of life, crucial for understanding human anatomy.
- English Language: Effective communication is key in healthcare.
- Mathematics: For precise calculations and measurements.
- JAMB Pass: A suitable pass in the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination.
- University’s Extra Examinations: Sometimes, a specific university might require additional tests.
Direct Entry Admission
Maybe you’ve already started your journey. For direct entry to the second year, you must have:
- Two G.C.E. “A” Level passes: In Physics, Chemistry, or Biology.
- 5 O’level credits: As indicated in the UTME admission above.
- Additional Qualifications: A B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in a relevant discipline, along with a good pass in any additional exams by the university.
Radiography Course Length and Pathway
Radiography courses in Nigerian universities span five years.
Graduates must complete a one-year internship program before enrolling in the NYSC program.
It’s a journey, but one filled with learning, growth, and achievement. Are you up for the challenge?
Employment Opportunities for Radiographers
Hospitals and Health Clinics
The core of medical radiography, hospitals, both general and specialist, are ripe with opportunities.
Consider venturing into private healthcare. The possibilities are vast.
Dream of starting your venture? Medical radiography provides this golden opportunity in Nigeria and even overseas.
List of Nigerian Universities to Study Radiography
Where the Dream Becomes Reality
In Nigeria, Radiography can only be studied at the university level, not in polytechnics. Here is a list of some of the reputable institutions:
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Bayero University Kano (BUK)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU Zaria)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Coal City University
- Pamo University Of Medical Sciences
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
And many more!
The pursuit of a career in Radiography in Nigeria is not just an academic endeavor; it’s a life-changing journey.
The path is clear, and the universities are waiting to mold you into the professional you aspire to be.
Whether you are a fresh starter or seeking direct entry, the opportunities are vast, and the doors are open. So, why not take that step today?
for more info do follow /piggybank.ng
How Long Does It Take to Study Radiography in Nigeria?
It takes five years, followed by a one-year internship program.
What Are the Employment Opportunities for Radiographers in Nigeria?
Opportunities include Teaching Hospitals, General Hospitals, Specialist Hospitals, Health Clinics, Private establishments, and even self-employment.
Can Radiography Be Studied in Nigerian Polytechnics?
No, Radiography is only offered at university level.
What Are the Direct Entry Requirements?
Two G.C.E. “A” Level passes and 5 credits at O’level in relevant subjects.
Are There Any Additional Qualifications Required?
Sometimes, a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in a relevant discipline and a pass in additional examinations administered by the University may be needed.