Fully funded scholarships in Australia for 2024 – no IELTS needed! Explore top programs, save on expenses, and secure your future education. Learn more now!
Many scholarships in Australia are available for application a few months before the summer session starts.
For instance, the Australia Africa Awards provide opportunities for postgraduate studies, including Master’s degrees and short courses.
To qualify for these scholarships, you might need to meet English language criteria, unless you are a native English speaker.
Still, there are some scholarships that could be given to eligible international students even if they don’t have IELTS or TOEFL scores.
The Australian Government provides many scholarships for international students, totaling millions of dollars each year.
The top scholarships in this category are Australia Awards Scholarships, Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships, and Australia Awards Fellowships.
Other important contributors include organizations in Australia and your home country, as well as international groups like charities, industry associations, and big companies.
They also provide a wide range of scholarship programs.
Understanding International Student Costs in Australia
Before we talk about these full scholarships in Australia that don’t require IELTS or TOEFL, let’s first look at the typical costs for international students who pay for their own education in Australia.
According to studyinaustralia.gov.au, here are the estimated expenses:
- On average, undergraduate students in Australia can expect to spend between AUS$15,000 to $33,000 per year. These costs cover tuition fees, living expenses, textbooks, and other necessities.
- Tuition fees vary depending on the institution, course of study, and location. Courses like medicine and engineering tend to have higher tuition fees compared to humanities or social sciences.
- Living expenses include accommodation, food, transportation, and personal expenses. These costs also vary depending on the city or region where you choose to study. For example, living in Sydney or Melbourne may be more expensive than living in smaller cities or regional areas.
- For master’s degree programs in Australia, international students typically spend an average of AUS$20,000 to $37,000 per year.
- Similar to undergraduate programs, tuition fees for master’s degrees can vary widely based on the university and the specific program. Business and engineering programs, for instance, might have higher fees compared to arts or education programs.
- Living expenses for master’s students also depend on the location. Cities like Sydney and Melbourne are known for higher living costs, while smaller cities or regional areas can offer more affordable options.
- At the doctoral level, international students can expect to spend an average of AUS$14,000 to $37,000 per year, depending on the institution and field of study.
- Doctoral programs often have lower tuition fees than undergraduate or master’s programs, but the duration of study is longer. The cost of living during this extended period is a significant consideration.
- As with other levels of study, living expenses vary by location. Doctoral students may need to budget for accommodation, food, transportation, research materials, and other personal expenses over several years.
It’s important to note that these cost estimates are approximate averages, and actual expenses can vary widely based on individual circumstances, lifestyle choices, and the specific university and program you choose.
It’s advisable to research and plan your budget carefully when considering studying in Australia.
Additionally, scholarships and financial aid opportunities can significantly reduce the financial burden for eligible students.
Some special programs have different costs in Australia. For example:
- MBA programs can range from AUS$11,000 to $121,000 per year.
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs usually cost between $8,000 to $22,000 per year.
- Technical and Further Education (TAFE) programs also average around $8,000 to $22,000 per year.
- Living expenses in Australia typically vary between AUS$230 to $940 per week, depending on how you choose to live.
How International Students Succeed in Australia
Even with the high study expenses in Australia, international students manage by working part-time jobs and applying for as many scholarships as they can to help cover their costs while studying in the country.
Considering what we mentioned earlier, we’ve put together this list of scholarships that can help you achieve your study goals in Australia.
The best part is, you can apply for these scholarships in Australia without needing IELTS.
Scholarships to Study in Australia for Free Without IELTS 2024 Here are some well-known fully funded scholarships in Australia that you can apply for to start your studies in 2024:
Australia Awards Scholarships
The Australia Awards is a fully-funded scholarship program that covers all your expenses while you study in Australia.
It offers opportunities for qualified individuals from Africa and other developing countries to pursue postgraduate education, training, and professional development globally.
If you want to apply for Australia Awards without taking the IELTS test, you can provide an alternative proof of your English language skills, such as a letter from your previous school confirming that your education was conducted in English.
Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships
The Australian Government offers RTP Scholarships to help students pursuing Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees, whether they are from Australia or other countries.
Through this program, students receive a RTP fees offset, which covers the tuition fees they would normally have to pay.
Currently, RTP provides support of up to USD33,000 per year.”
International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) Scholarship
This scholarship is granted through a three-step application process and can provide the recipient with up to AUD $25,000 in support.
Through this process, successful applicants may receive a scholarship that covers the cost of up to six subjects within one of ICMS’s Master Degree programs.
It’s one of the scholarships in Australia that doesn’t require IELTS or TOEFL.
Australian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) Scholarships
The International Scholarship program is designed to raise awareness of and provide assistance for emergency medicine in developing countries.
ACEM offers a maximum of AUD$30,000, which can be used to cover expenses like round-trip economy-class airfare, visa fees, accommodation, travel, and living expenses while the recipient is in Australia or New Zealand.
IPRS Postgraduate Research Scholarship Valued at approximately $110,000 over three years, the IPRS program allows international students to pursue a postgraduate research degree in Australia, working with top Australian researchers, and all expenses covered.
These scholarships are available for either two years for a Master’s by research degree or three years for a Doctorate by research degree.
You can also apply for this scholarship without needing to take the IELTS exam.
for more info do follow / piggybank.ng