Discover BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Scholars – Your gateway to a prestigious DAAD Scholarship and a thriving research community in Germany. Apply now!
Great news for African women aspiring to further their education in Germany!
The BIGSAS Scholarships for 2024 are now open for applications!
BIGSAS, which stands for the Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies, is a graduate school located at the University of Bayreuth.
It’s well-known for its exciting and diverse research environment in African Studies.
This scholarship offers a fantastic opportunity for outstanding African women to become part of a global community of young researchers.
Why should you consider applying for the BIGSAS Scholarship?
Here are some compelling reasons:
- Study in Germany: This scholarship opens doors for you to pursue your higher education in Germany, a country known for its quality education.
- Innovative Doctoral Training: BIGSAS offers a unique and creative doctoral training experience, allowing you to explore your academic interests and passions.
- Supportive Community: You’ll be part of an international community of female scholars at BIGSAS, providing you with valuable support throughout your academic journey.
How does the scholarship program work?
In 2024, BIGSAS will grant two scholarships as part of the Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP), in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
To be considered for this opportunity, you need to complete the BIGSAS application process.
Once you successfully apply, your nomination will be forwarded to the DAAD for the final selection.
This scholarship is a significant financial support for African women pursuing graduate studies.
Don’t miss this chance to advance your education and research career in Germany. Apply now for the BIGSAS Scholarship 2024!
- The scholarship covers up to four years of study starting in October 2024.
- Applicants should hold a master’s degree or its equivalent.
- The completion of your last master’s degree or equivalent should be within the last six years at the time of nomination by BIGSAS.
- Please note that BIGSAS does not provide regular funding or support directly but nominates candidates and offers scholarships through the GSSP or DAAD.
Promoting Gender Equality: BIGSAS is committed to gender equality and proudly supports initiatives to empower African women scholars.
This scholarship demonstrates their dedication to advancing education opportunities for African women.
Don’t Miss Out! Apply Now! If you’re an African woman scholar with dreams of studying in Germany, seize this incredible opportunity.
Apply for the BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 today and turn your academic dreams into reality!
Here are more details about the BIGSAS Scholarships 2024
Deadline is December 31, 2023
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible Regions: Africa
Deadline: December 31, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Scholars
If you’re eager to be considered for the Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP) by DAAD, it’s essential to meet the following eligibility requirements for the BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women Scholars in 2024:
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent: Candidates applying for the Bayreuth BIGSAS Scholarships must have a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Exceptional African Women Scholars: This scholarship opportunity in Germany is exclusively for outstanding African women scholars.
- African Citizenship or Residency: All applicants must either be citizens of an African country or meet residency requirements.
- Research Alignment: Applicants should plan to pursue a doctoral research project that aligns with the research interests and academic disciplines represented by BIGSAS members.
- Recent Master’s Degree: Candidates should hold a Master’s or equivalent degree acquired within the last six years at the time of nomination by BIGSAS.
- Language Proficiency: Depending on the language of instruction and research at BIGSAS (e.g., English or German), applicants may need to demonstrate proficiency in the required language.
- Full-Time Research Commitment: African women scholars must commit to a full-time research and research training experience. A portion of their time may be allocated for teaching or clinical care not related to a research project.
- Residency Duration: Applicants should not have lived in Germany for more than fifteen months at the time of nomination for the BIGSAS Scholarships.
- Working Language: While applications can be submitted in German, English, or French, it’s important to note that the primary working language at BIGSAS is English.
Make sure you meet these eligibility criteria to enhance your chances of securing the BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women Scholars in 2024.
Benefits of BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women Scholars 2024
If you meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above, don’t miss out on the incredible benefits of the BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women Scholars 2024 in Germany.
Here’s what you can gain:
- Excellent Scholarship Opportunity: The BIGSAS Scholarship 2024 is an outstanding scholarship designed specifically for African students, with a special focus on African Women Scholars.
- Interdisciplinary Research Environment: BIGSAS provides access to a diverse and interdisciplinary research environment, allowing scholars to engage with a wide range of academic disciplines related to African Studies.
- International Community: Successful applicants become part of an international community of early-career researchers. This offers valuable opportunities for collaboration and networking with scholars from around the world.
- Prestigious DAAD Scholarship: African women scholars who receive the BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 have the chance to receive the prestigious DAAD Graduate School Scholarship, which enables them to pursue their studies in Germany.
- Monthly Stipend: As part of the Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP), recipients will receive a monthly stipend of 1,200 euros to support their living expenses while studying in Germany.
- Insurance Coverage: These payments may also cover health, accident, and personal liability insurance, ensuring your well-being during your academic journey.
- Annual Research Allowance: Scholars will receive an annual research allowance totaling 460 euros, facilitating their research endeavors.
- Engagement with Diverse Research Topics: BIGSAS is affiliated with the Africa Multiple Cluster of Excellence, providing scholars with opportunities to engage with a wide array of research topics and projects.
- Study in Germany: Through the DAAD Scholarship, African Women Scholars will have the unique opportunity to study in Germany, known for its high-quality education and research institutions.
Don’t miss this chance to advance your academic and research career.
Apply for the BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 and unlock these incredible benefits for your future success.
Documents Required for BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 Application
To apply for the BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women Scholars in 2024, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): A detailed document outlining your academic and professional background, achievements, and relevant experiences.
- Supervision Agreement: A formal agreement indicating the support and supervision you will receive during your doctoral studies.
- Project Proposal (maximum 10 pages): A comprehensive description of your proposed doctoral research project, including its objectives, methodology, and expected outcomes.
- Letter of Motivation (1 page): A concise letter explaining your motivation for pursuing a doctoral degree and how it aligns with your academic and career goals.
- Letters of Recommendation (2): These are reference letters from individuals who can assess your academic and research abilities and potential.
- Master’s Thesis: A copy of your Master’s thesis to demonstrate your previous research work and capabilities.
- Enrollment Declaration: A formal declaration stating your commitment to enrolling in the BIGSAS program if awarded the scholarship.
- Educational Certificates: Copies of your educational certificates, including your Master’s degree or its equivalent.
- List of Academic Publications (if available): If you have any published academic work, provide a list of your publications.
Ensure that all these documents are prepared and organized as per the application guidelines to increase your chances of securing the BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women Scholars in 2024.
Good luck with your application!
for more info do follow / piggybank.ng
Register for regular updates