Canada, a prime destination for international job seekers, offers ample opportunities due to skill shortages. Find your perfect job among Canada’s top companies.
Your Next Career Adventure in Canada Awaits in 2023! Discover the top sectors where your skills are in high demand and start your journey
Top Companies Hiring Foreigners in Canada November 2023
Can you find a job in Canada? Check out Canada’s top workplaces! We surveyed over 500,000 Canadian employees to bring you a list of the best companies hiring right now. Canada has great job opportunities for skilled international workers.
Here are the top 10 companies to work for in Canada, according to the Great Place to Work’s Best Workplaces in Canada 2023 study. These companies have more than 1,000 employees
Company / Sector
|Admiral Insurance||Financial Services / Auto Insurance|
|Salesforce||Information Technology / Software|
|Intuit Canada||Information Technology / Software|
|NVIDIA||Information Technology / Software|
|SAP Canada||Information Technology / Software|
|CGI||Information Technology / Software|
|DHL Express (Canada)||Transportation|
How to Apply to Work in Canada
To work legally in Canada, you need a work permit. If you plan to stay in this maple leaf-covered country for an extended period, you can also explore various options to become a permanent resident.
Before applying for a work permit in Canada, you must meet specific requirements, regardless of the type of permit you’re seeking. Here are the requirements:
To apply for a work permit in Canada, you need to meet certain requirements:
- Show that you will leave Canada when your work visa expires.
- Demonstrate that you have enough funds to support yourself and any accompanying guests.
- Maintain a clean legal record and obey the law.
- Ensure you don’t pose a security risk to Canada.
- Be in good health.
- Be ready to provide the necessary documentation to Canadian authorities if they ask for proof of your immigration status.
To obtain a work permit in Canada, you must apply through an immigration program or for a work visa. Work permits are only granted to eligible individuals by the Canadian government. There are two types of work permits: the “Open Work Permit” and the “Work Permit for a Specific Employer.”
With an Open Work Permit in Canada, you have the flexibility to work for any Canadian company. However, there are a few unique situations where you cannot work for an employer who:
You cannot work for an employer who is first and foremost listed as an unqualified employer by the IRCC due to noncompliance with regulations. Additionally, you cannot work for an employer who provides services for adults.
If you have a Work Permit for a Specific Employer in Canada, you can work in the country as long as you adhere to the conditions specified on your work permit. This type of permit allows you to work for a single company in one location for a limited duration.
Before you can apply for a work permit in Canada, your employer must provide you with:
- A copy of the employment contract you signed.
- A copy of the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or a job offer number (for exempt employees).
Also Read: Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada 2023-24
Assemble Your Proof of Work Documents
When applying for a work visa or permanent residency in Canada, you must gather and submit supporting documents to back up the information in your application. If you’re aiming for permanent residency through a Provincial Nominee or Express Entry program, you don’t need to submit these documents until you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR. However, if you’re applying for a work visa, you must include your application along with the required supporting documentation.
It’s recommended to apply for a job in Canada online because it’s more efficient and faster. Ensure that your application is complete to avoid delays or it being returned.
Advantages of Working in Canada
Working in Canada offers several advantages for foreign nationals. Here are some of the benefits of working in North America, often referred to as the land of opportunity:
- Paid Time Off: Many Canadians enjoy a healthy work-life balance thanks to standard 40-hour workweeks and generous paid time off. If you’ve been with the same employer for a full year, you can typically take at least 14 days of annual leave.
- Parental Leave: Expectant parents in Canada are entitled to 40 weeks of paid leave, which amounts to 55% of their salary. Additionally, for each year of employment, you can expect to receive at least two paid weeks off. After five years of work, you’ll get three weeks of paid vacation, and after ten years, you’ll enjoy four weeks of paid vacation.
Opportunities for Employment
Canada offers abundant opportunities for employment, making it an attractive destination for foreigners. According to the Labour Force Survey for May 2023, released on June 9, 2023, the country’s unemployment rate stands at 5.2%. The report also indicates a stable number of workers in both the public and private sectors. Here are the top ten jobs that Canadians are currently seeking
Canada offers excellent pay to its workers, with the highest minimum wage in North America. According to Statistics Canada, the average annual salary is approximately 59,059 CAD, which amounts to 1,212.58 CAD per week. Talent.com reports some of the highest-paying positions in Canada, including:
- Doctor – 230,000 CAD per year
- Project Engineer – 121,889 CAD per year
- Lawyer – 111,835 CAD per year
- Software Engineers – 110,000 CAD per year
- Pharmacists – 95,316 CAD per year
Prepare to Work and Live in Canada
The next step is to take the initial step on your journey to Canada now that you have more knowledge about the top Canadian employers, the best places to work, and the finest immigration and visa options. Our licensed Canadian immigration consultants are available to assist you at every step of the way so you can realize your goal of relocating to Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)?
A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a requirement for Canadian employers who want to hire foreign workers. It demonstrates that there is a genuine need for foreign talent because local or Canadian nationals do not possess the required skills to fill the job vacancies.
Q: As a Recent Graduate, how do I get employment in Canada?
If you are a recent graduate or have just moved to Canada, you have several pathways to find employment in the country. Here are some options:
- Consider programs like the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), the Express Entry System, and the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) to live and work in Canada.
- If you have successfully completed your coursework and gained some work experience, you are in a good position to secure employment in Canada.