Discover the University of Manitoba’s Work-Study Program, a golden chance for students with financial needs. Dive in for eligibility, benefits, and the application process
Hey, are you a student looking for a blend of studies and work right in the heart of Canada?
We’ve got a golden ticket just for you! Dive in to uncover the exciting details.
A Glimpse into the University of Manitoba
Founded in 1877, the University of Manitoba isn’t just any other institution.
It’s a place where discovery takes the front seat, and minds are continuously ignited through its innovative teaching and groundbreaking research.
Nestled in the pulsating heart of Canada, the U of M boasts a vibrant community.
We’re talking about an engaged network of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and even donors and community allies. And guess what? Its influence isn’t just local.
With an alumni base spread across 140 countries, the U of M’s impact ripples globally.
Why Should You Opt for the Work-Study Program?
For students with financial constraints, the Work-Study program is nothing less than a lifeline.
Not only does it offer part-time, on-campus employment during the academic year, but it’s also a chance to hone skills related to your field.
Imagine gaining experience without stepping off campus! Tempting, right?
Eligibility Check: Are You The One?
Before diving in headfirst, let’s see if you fit the bill:
- Financial Aid: Have proof of a 2023-2024 government student aid package (at least $2,000). Alternatively, if you’re backed by 2023-2024 Indigenous band sponsorship, Metis Nation post-secondary funding, or disability funding, you’re good to go!
- Academic Standing: Show us you’re committed! You should be a full-timer at the University of Manitoba for Fall 2023 and Winter 2024. For undergraduate students, that means at least 9 credit hours per term. And if you’re post-graduate, give us a buzz, and we’ll check case-by-case.
- Grade Requirement: Held a minimum of 2.0 institutional grade point average in your last session. But hey, if you’re a newbie at UM, you get a free pass here.
- Location: Plan to stay in Manitoba throughout the employment term.
And what if your funds are delayed? Don’t sweat it. A quick email to Work-Study, and we’ll sort things out for you.
The Application Roadmap
Feeling confident you tick all the boxes? Let’s get you started!
- Kick-off with the Intake: Start with the Work-Study intake process.
- Group Orientation: Get a feel of what awaits you in a group orientation.
- Time to Apply: Dive into the actual Work-Study position applications.
Remember, you’ve got to renew your application yearly due to financial aid requirements.
So, hop onto UMConnect, navigate to Work-Study, fill out the Work-Study Program Application, and submit. Once done, an “Accept” button will beckon.
Click it, and you’re ready to explore job postings.
Don’t forget to attach those vital eligibility documents.
This might be your 2023-2024 financial aid certificate, Indigenous band sponsorship proof, or disability funding.
Why miss out on a chance to study, earn, and grow all in one place?
The University of Manitoba Work-Study Program isn’t just a program; it’s an experience.
So why wait? Dive in, and let’s create memories and experiences worth cherishing.
for more info do follow / piggybank.ng
What is the main aim of the Work-Study Program?
It’s designed to offer part-time, on-campus employment to students in need of financial aid.
Do I need to reapply every year for the Work-Study Program?
Yes, due to financial aid requirements, an annual application is necessary.
What if I don’t receive my funding on time?
No worries! Just drop an email to Work-Study, and we’ll help you out.
Where can I find the Work-Study application?
It’s available on UMConnect. Navigate to Work-Study, and you’ll find the application form.
Are there specific grade requirements for new UM students?
New UM students are exempt from the minimum 2.0 institutional GPA requirement.