Explore the ACT Foundation 2024 Grant opportunity for African businesses. Learn about eligibility and how to apply for funding.
In the heart of Africa, where innovation and entrepreneurship are thriving, the Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is extending a helping hand to businesses and start-ups.
The 2024 Grant Cycle of the ACT Foundation offers a unique opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs to secure funding and nurture their business dreams.
In this article, we will delve into the details of the ACT Foundation, its eligibility criteria, application procedures, and how you can make your mark in the African business landscape.
What is the Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation?
The Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 2016 with a noble mission – to support local, national, and regional non-profit organizations addressing various challenges across the African Continent.
The foundation stands as a beacon of hope for those who wish to make a difference in their communities by providing focused interventions in critical developmental areas.
Focus Areas of ACT Foundation
The ACT Foundation focuses on four key areas:
Promoting healthcare initiatives that enhance the well-being of African communities.
Empowering budding entrepreneurs and fostering economic growth.
Developing strong leadership skills to drive positive change.
Addressing environmental issues and promoting sustainable practices.
Eligibility Criteria for ACT Foundation Grant
To be eligible for the ACT Foundation’s grant, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Work within the foundation’s focus areas of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, or Environment.
- Be registered with the appropriate legal entity within their respective African countries for at least two years (24 months).
- Be legally registered as a non-profit organization (GTE/LTD). Social enterprises must have a not-for-profit orientation.
- Demonstrate a strong governance structure, with details of the board of directors reflected in the registration documents.
- Show evidence of other sources of funding.
- Maintain a minimum staff strength of three part-time/full-time paid individuals.
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, without acting as an intermediary.
- Ensure that the program or initiative is implemented within Africa.
Ineligibility for ACT Foundation Grants
The following entities are ineligible for ACT Foundation grants:
- Non-profits without a legal Board of Directors or Trustee as stated in their registration documents
- Entities with a history of mismanaging funds from other foundations
- Political parties, campaign groupings, institutions, subsidiaries, or affiliates
- Organizations advocating, promoting, or espousing inhumane policies, illegal activities, or terrorism
How to Apply for the ACT Foundation 2024 Grant Cycle
Interested applicants should follow these steps for a successful application:
- Complete an online application via the foundation’s application portal.
- All communication with the foundation must be in English.
- Ensure you have a reliable internet connection for the online application.
- Answer all compulsory questions and review your information carefully before submission.
- Use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers for optimal compatibility.
- The proposed program’s duration must not exceed 12 months.
- The foundation reserves the right to disqualify incomplete applications.
- Declare any conflicts of interest during the application stage.
- Provide an active email address for correspondence.
The Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation 2024 Grant Cycle offers a lifeline to businesses and start-ups across Africa, promoting growth, innovation, and positive change.
By adhering to the eligibility criteria and following the application procedures, aspiring entrepreneurs can position themselves for success.
for more info do follow / piggybank.ng
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the ACT Foundation’s primary mission?
The ACT Foundation’s primary mission is to support non-profit organizations addressing challenges and vulnerabilities in Africa through focused interventions in Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Environment.
2. Can social enterprises apply for the ACT Foundation grant?
Yes, social enterprises can apply for the grant, but the foundation will only fund initiatives that have a not-for-profit orientation.
3. How long should the proposed program’s duration be?
The proposed program’s duration should not exceed 12 months.
4. What happens if an application lacks the required information?
Applications lacking the required information may be disqualified by the foundation.
5. How can I contact the ACT Foundation for further inquiries?
For further inquiries, you can contact the ACT Foundation through the provided active email address on their application portal.