Struggling with NIN Name changes? Learn how to easily update your National Identity Number (NIN) details, including NIN Name corrections. Follow our step-by-step guide and correct your NIN Name online hassle-free. Get started now!
Do you ever find it tricky to update your National Identity Number (NIN) information? It’s like solving a puzzle, right? Well, don’t worry! We’re here to help.
In this guide, we’ll make it easy for you to fix mistakes and update your NIN details. No more confusion or frustration. Just a simple, step-by-step guide to getting your NIN data updated. Let’s get started!
Why Update Your NIN Details?
First things first, why should you bother updating your NIN details?
Well, there are various reasons:
- Marital status changes.
- Correcting accidental errors like misspelled names.
- Updating your address.
- Changing your phone number.
- Modifying your education level.
- Updating job details.
So, if any of these apply to you, keep reading to learn how to update your NIN details easily.
What Do You Need to Update Your NIN Data?
Updating your NIN data requires preparation. Yes, we’re talking about documents. Here’s what you need to have:
Original copy of the initial NIN slip
Proof of Payment – RRR Number Printout
An application letter, penned by you, stating the desired change
Specific Documents Required for Certain Modifications
- For Change of Name
- Sworn Affidavit
- Newspaper Extract
- Marriage Certificate (for married ladies)
- For Change of Address
- Utility Bill
- Tenancy Agreement
- Bank Statement
- Community Leader Attestation
- For Change of Phone Number
- Police Report
- For Change of Education Level or Job
- Recent Certificate or Offer Letter from your employer
- What’s the Price Tag for NIN Data Modification?
- Changing Name: N500 (on NIMC official portal)
- Correcting Date of Birth: N15,000
How to Modify Your NIN Data: A Step-by-step Guide
Ready to get your NIN data updated?
Follow these steps:
- Modifying your NIN (National Identification Number) data can be a straightforward process if you follow these step-by-step instructions.
- First, visit the nearest NIMC (National Identity Management Commission) office. Make sure to bring along the necessary documents, including your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number printout. This RRR Number is essential for the modification process, so double-check that you have it with you.
- Once at the NIMC office, ask for a data modification form. Fill out this form carefully and accurately. The information you provide must be correct to ensure a smooth experience.
- After completing the form, submit it along with the supporting documents to the Enrolment Officer. They will review the details you’ve provided and enter them into the NIMC software. Be prepared to review this information for accuracy.
- Your biometric data, such as fingerprints, will also be captured to authenticate your identity.
- Once these steps are completed, you’ll need to hand over your old NIN Slip to the NIMC office. They will inform you of when to return to collect your new NIN Slip.
Remember, the key to a successful NIN data modification is providing accurate and truthful information. This process need not be daunting; by following these steps, you can smoothly update your NIN details without any hassle. Preparedness and accuracy are crucial in ensuring a trouble-free experience.
How to Correct Your NIN Name Online
To correct your NIN name online, you will need to:
- Go to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) website.
- Click “My Profile” and sign in.
- After signing in, select “Data Modification.”
- Pick “Modification of any other field other than DOB.”
- Type your NIN and the new name you want.
- Add a document like a marriage certificate, divorce paper, court paper, or newspaper notice to prove the name change.
- Pay the needed fee.
- Click “Submit.”
NIMC will check your name change request and process it.
Note: You can only correct your NIN name online if you have already registered for NIN and have a NIMC account. If you have not yet registered for NIN, you will need to visit a NIMC enrollment center to register and then you can follow the steps above to correct your name.
In addition to the supporting documents mentioned above, you may also be required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of your NIN slip
- A valid form of identification, such as a passport, driver’s license, or voter’s card
- A recent passport photograph
The fee for correcting your NIN name is N500. You can pay the fee online using a debit or credit card.
The processing time for correcting your NIN name is typically 2-3 weeks.
Once your name change is processed:
Once your name change is processed, you will be issued a new NIN slip with your updated name.
You will also be able to update your name on all of your government-related documents and records.
for more info do follow / piggybank.ng
Register for regular updates
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the NIN?
The National Identity Number (NIN) is a unique identifier issued by the federal government of Nigeria to its citizens and residents.
Why should I update my NIN details?
Updating your NIN details ensures that your national identity information is accurate and up-to-date.
How much does it cost to modify my NIN data?
The cost of NIN data modification varies based on the type of change. For instance, a name change costs N500 while correcting a date of birth costs N15,000.
Can I modify my NIN data online?
No, the modification of NIN data must be done in-person at an NIMC office.
What documents do I need to update my NIN data?
The documents needed depend on the type of modification. Typically, you need the original NIN slip, an RRR number printout, and a signed application letter. For specific changes like name or address, additional documents like a sworn affidavit or utility bill may be required.